OS X for PC Technicians
“OS X for PC Technicians” is a a two day class for experienced PC Technicians who have to support Mac OS X client systems as well. This training will quickly introduce you to the available tools and technologies which allows you to familiarize yourself with supporting OS X. Students who require more in-depth OS X specifc knowledge should attend the Mavericks 101 and Mavericks 201 classes. The training is lead by an experienced Apple Certified Trainer.
Who Should Attend
- IT Personnel experienced in supporting PC’s in a Microsoft Windows environment. Novices to PC support should attend the Mavericks 101 first.
What You’ll Learn
- Configuring a new Mac
- Managing Apple ID’s
- The working environment, Dock, menubar etc.
- System Information, how to obtain it
- Disk management. Disk Utility, disk images, encryption
- Installing OS X
- Network configuration
- Upgrading OS X
- Time Machine Backups
- User accounts. Managing users and intergration with Microsoft Active Directory
- File system permissions
- Authentication and authorization, including Keychain and iCloud Keychain
- Sharing resources such as screen and files with other Mac’s and Windows PC’s
- Printing and scanning, including printing to AD configured printers
- Email, contacts and agenda, including Exchange configuration
- Managing Apps
- Processes and logging information
- Boot Process
You should have a solid understanding of PC technology including configuring mail accounts, managing users and configuring networks, preferably in a Microsoft Windows Active Directory environment.
- Mavericks 101
- Mac Management Basics workshop